Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Show and Tell: Marj

Marj had several lovely things to share in Show and Tell. These are a set of embroidered pears. They have real twigs at the top, and the leaves are folded ribbon. I think they really turned out lovely.

100_1766

This long and short stitch sampler is from a tutorial from Mary Corbett's blog. If you get a chance, wander around Mary's blog for a while. She is very generous, posting tutorials frequently, and sharing very cool stuff from the Internet. I am planning on using a "lettering" tutorial of hers to create a small piece. This one turned out very nice.

100_1767

This hardanger mat began life as the back of a vest. When she realized she would not finish the vest (vests are not nearly as in vogue now as they were when this project was created... I know, I have the same project as a UFO at my house) she decided to make it into a mat. That is a great inspirational idea; last night I looked up my UFO.

100_1768

For her final items, Marj showed a couple of crewel projects. The chatelaine also doubles as a name tag. It has a pin-cushion and a small pocket, and is a class project for another guild. The small green pin cushion was from a kit, and also turned out beautiful.

100_1769

Thank you for sharing, Marj!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment