Saturday, February 19, 2011

February Show and Tell, final post

Carol K. inspired me in January and I had a lot to show. This has all been blogged on my blog so if you may want to skip it. This little snail was designed by Thistle Threads as one of their Needlework Nibbles. It was a great deal of fun to do.Carol taught this Sashiko design in January. I completed the stitching. I don't know how I'll finish it. I think I may have another completed panel in my pile and together they would make a nice bag.Carol also showed a bag made from the Origami Bag Pattern. I was inspired and made several fat quarter bags. The instructions are at Quiltcetera.com. I have a version formatted for printing I can e-mail you if you want it.My sister gave me the fabric for the bag below and the trim. I love it made up in this cute bag. I will never, ever use this beaded trim on anything else. Perhaps sewing it on by machine would be okay but hand stitching--well, the thread caught in the beads with every single stitch.For the Festival of Broken Needles on February 8, I sorted my main pincushion and made this little two-sided wool cushion. I filled it with squares of wool quilt batting.And last, I had appliqued the front of this bag a while back. While I had the sewing machine out making the origami bags, I added a back and lined this bag. Now I need to add some sort of handle or cording. I got some great ideas from guild members--thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment