Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kissing Pillows

Last night I showed my completed kissing pillow. These are for a project for a local woman, Elizabeth, a member of Chicago ANG. She is collecting 1100 pillows for her brother's Navy Squadron who are deploying early next year. They are stitched on 14 count aida with three colors of floss and under two hours' stitching time.

Needle Artisans of Northwest Indiana has taken up the cause and I hope some of you may also wish to stitch a pillow top or two. I have e-mailed all of the information (chart, materials and background) to Homewood members. If you would like me to send it again, please contact me at homewoodembroiderersguild@gmail.com.

NANI is collcting completed pillow tops at our January meeting, which is a week before our January meeting. You can get them to any joint member before then and we'll turn them in (Pat B, Jane, Marge, Marjorie off the top of my head) or you can send them directly to the address on the "back" of the pattern. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment